Mumbai : You might have not heard about Banana is the number 1 consumed food in the United States. Even more commonly consumed than Oranges & Apples combined. Yet, every now & then, there is some now exotic fruit popularized as the newest health revolution, so we often underrate Banana. However, you should remember that these fruits are extremely beneficial and offer various health benefits.
Despite their delicious taste, bananas are rich in numerous nutrients, natural sugars, vitamins and fibers.
Bananas are greenish in color and have no spots in the earlier stage but as they get riper, brown spots appear and cover the whole fruit. These spots do not mean that the bananas are rotten, but they actually indicate that these Bananas are at the peak development, as they are the richest in Tumour Necrosis Factor (TNF) then.
TNF is an important cancer fighting substance which fights abnormal body cells. It helps the communication between the cells of the immune response system and guides the movement of cells towards the infected or inflamed areas in the body. Studies have shown that the TNF in bananas prevents the growth and spread of the tumor variously, by inducing apoptosis (cell death). So next time if you see Brown spots on bananas, do not throw them away as they are extremely healthy.
Other health benefits of Bananas :
- Constipation : Bananas are rich in fiber so their consumption will stimulate regular bowel movements and relieve constipation.
- Helps Quit Smoking : Banana contains nutrients like Potassium, Vitamins and Magnesium takes out the nicotine from the body.
- Reduce Weight : Bananas together with Skim milk is very good medicine to reduce your weight.
- Reduce the Risk of Heart and Stroke and Attack : Potassium in bananas maintains the body fluid and electrolyte balance in the cells and helps in BP control, this reduces the risk of Heart Stroke and Attack.
- Good for Blood : Vitamin B6 in Banana is useful for the hemoglobin and antibodies development in the blood.
- Healthy Bones : Potassium present in bananas helps in reducing the risk of Osteoporosis by reducing the Calcium deficiency.
- Eyesight : Regular consumption of Banana or other fruits can prevent macular degeneration development, which is responsible for the loss of Vision in most adults.
- Hangover : Banana milkshakes together with a little bit of honey is a very good remedy for hangovers. It soothes your tummy, together with milk it rehydrates your system.
- Improves Mood : An amino acid called Tryptophan present in bananas helps in serotonin production. Which improves your mood.
- Improves Brain Function and Keeps Alertness : Potassium available in the banana helps in developing the brain function as well as keep alertness.