Ahmedabad : The festival of Diwali is being celebrated across the country on 14 November i.e. today. On the day of Diwali, Maha lakshmi is worshiped. Lamps are lit to welcome her. On this day people take various measures to please Maa Lakshmi. On the day of Diwali, it is very important to take care of a few things, otherwise Lakshmi Maa becomes angry. Let’s know in detail.
1. Do not sleep till late in the morning on Diwali. Wake up early and offer prayers. On the day of Diwali, such tasks as nail biting, shaving should not be done.
2. Put the idols in a certain order. Keep idols of Lord Ganesha, Laxmi ji, Lord Vishnu, Maa Saraswati and Maa Kali from left to right. After this, keep the idols of Lakshman ji, Shri Ram and Maa Sita.
3. Clapping should not be done while worshiping Lakshmi. Do not sing Aarti in a very loud voice. It is said that Maa Lakshmi hates noise. Do not worship Lakshmi Maa alone. Her worship without Lord Vishnu is considered incomplete.
4. Maa Lakshmi resides where there is truth, compassion and virtue. Take care of cleanliness. Always keep your house clean.
5. Do not leave the Puja room scattered after Diwali worship. Keep a lamp lit all night and keep adding ghee to it. Use more and more Diyas instead of candles on Diwali.
6. There should be a Puja room in the North-East direction. All the members of the house should sit facing north during worship. Light the lamp of worship with ghee. Diyas must be in the 11, 21 or 51 count.
7. Do not keep such an idol of Lord Ganesha in the worship room in which he is not in a sitting posture and his trunk is not on the right side.
8. Use maximum red color. Use lamps, candles, lights and red flowers. Start Diwali Puja with the worship of Lord Ganesha.
9. Maa Lakshmi is peace loving so there should not be any quarrel between the family members. Maintain an atmosphere of peace and love at home. Perform Aarti of Maa Lakshmi ji with all the members of your family.
10. On Diwali you should stay away from meat and alcohol-smoking etc. If possible on this day, eat satvik food.