New Delhi : Like the aircraft, the fare of Tejas Express, the country’s first corporate sector train, will no longer be increased on seat demand. Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has fixed the maximum fare limit of this train till Covid-19. This will provide relief to the passengers booking during Deepawali. Now, the maximum fare of AC chair cars in the train will be 1500 and executive class will be Rs 2470 along with GST separately.
At the same time, IRCTC will also provide food suitable for fasting to the passengers traveling during Navratri according to the demand. This information was given by IRCTC Chief Regional Manager Anil Gupta on Tuesday. Tejas is once again going to run from October 17, the first day of Navratri.
In fact, the Lucknow New Delhi Tejas Express was started on Navratri on October 5 last year. The operation of this train stopped on 19 March. Now the Railway Board has again ordered trains to run from Navratri from 17 October. The Chief Regional Manager said that passengers will be given insurance of Rs 10 lakh without any payment from IRCTC. In case of theft in the train during the journey, the cover of one lakh rupees will be given separately. As before, a compensation of 100 rupees will be given to passengers for the delay of more than an hour and 250 rupees for more than two hours.
This will be the arrangements at railway station
– Permission to enter from the main entrance of Lucknow Junction
– Passenger luggage will be sanitized with thermal screening
– All passengers will get a safety kit when entering the coach
– Kit will have masks, sanitizer, face shield and gloves
– Housekeeping staff posted in every coach will repeatedly clean the gates and other places
– AC filters of coaches will be checked daily.
– The temperature of the coach will be kept from 24 to 25 centigrade.
– RO hot water will also be provided on demand
This will be the time table
Tejas Express from Lucknow will leave at 6:10 am and reach New Delhi at 12:25 pm via Kanpur, Ghaziabad. While this train will leave from New Delhi at 3:35 pm and reach Lucknow at 10:05 pm.