Kolkata : Amidst the corona virus infection, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has announced to give 50 thousand rupees to the committees for Durga Puja starting next month. CM Mamta has also issued guidelines to take some precautions regarding Durga Puja between coronavirus. Mamata Banerjee announced that 50 thousand rupees will be given as a grant from the state government to the Durga Puja committees. A lump sum grant of Rs 2000 will be given to 80,000 hawkers before Durga Puja.
Announcing several reliefs for the state’s 37,000 Durga Puja committees, Banerjee said that fire brigade departments, Kolkata Municipal Corporation, other municipal bodies and panchayats would not levy any tax or fee from the worship committees for their services. She said, “It has been a difficult time for all of us due to the COVID19 epidemic. We have decided to provide 50,000 rupees to each Durga Puja committee of the state. We have also decided that the Calcutta Electricity Supply Corporation and the State Electricity Board will provide 50 percent exemption to the puja committees.”
CM Mamata Banerjee has issued guidelines for Durga Puja festival on Thursday in view of the Corona epidemic. During this, she requested all the Durga Puja organizers to keep the pandal open for proper ventilation in view of the Covid19. The Chief Minister has also canceled the grand Durga Puja Carnival and all cultural events before the upcoming Navratri in view of the Coronavirus epidemic.
Announcing the security protocol, Banerjee said that the puja committee will have to sanitize all those who visit the pandals, as well as provide masks to those who are not wearing it. She said that it is mandatory for all the people coming to the pandal to wear a face mask.
The Chief Minister announced that “Durga Puja Carnival will not be held this year. Cultural events are also not allowed inside the pandals in this year’s festival.”
Guidelines Issued by the WB Government –
– No cultural programs are allowed during Durga Puja this year.
– Face masks are mandatory for all visiting Durga Puja pandals. Hand sanitizers should be available at all entry and exit points.
– Organizers must hire more volunteers to maintain the COVID-19 security protocol. Volunteers must wear a face shield.
– Keep enough slots for ‘Anjali’ and ‘Sindoor Khela’ rituals.
– The mantras should be announced on the mic so that people can hear it even from a distance.
– During immersion, pooja pandals will be given slots to avoid the gathering. Single window permission for Durga Puja will start from October 2.
– Firefighters will not charge any fee, Kolkata Municipal Corporation fees (KMC) will not charge any fee, CESC (electricity) fees are 50 percent free for Durga Puja pandals.
– Every pandal should have a public announcement system. Showcase Durga Puja on the big screen and announce the award on the virtual stage.