New Delhi : The year 2020 is now on the verge of ending. The last month of the year 2020 i.e. December has started. At the same time, many bank holidays are also going to come in this month. So if you also have important work related to your bank, then you must note the dates of bank holidays, so that you can plan your work accordingly.
This time the bank is going to have an 11 days holiday in the month of December. However, it should be kept in mind that bank holidays can vary from state to state. Banking holidays also depend on the festivals or any other events coming in different states.
According to the guidelines of Reserve Bank of India (RBI), banks are closed on public holidays, while some festival holidays are different in different states. Apart from national holidays, both private and public sector banks are closed on the second, fourth Saturday and all Sundays of every month. Apart from these, many banking holidays are also going to happen in the month of December.
Compared to the last month, December only has one major holiday which is Christmas. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has stated some days when the banking operations will remain closed in the month of December.
Check out the full list below :
• December 1: Ordinary Elections to Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation 1
• December 3 : Kanakadasa Jayanthi/Feast of St. Francis Xavier
• December 12 : Pa-Togan Nengminza Sangma
• December 17 : Losoong/Namsong
• December 18 : Death Anniversary of U SoSo Tham/Losoong/Namsong
• December 19 : Goa Liberation Day
• December 24 : Christmas Festival
• December 25 : Christmas
• December 26 : Christmas Festival
• December 30 : U Kiang Nangbah (Birth anniversary of Meghalaya’s freedom fighter)
• December 31 : New Year’s Eve
Note : According to the RBI guideline, banks remain closed on public holidays while certain holidays differ from state to state. Also, not all holidays are observed by all banking companies.