New Delhi : Caution is very important in the era of online fraud. You need to be vigilant in every way. Otherwise your entire account can become empty in 1 minute. Different methods are being adopted today to carry out online fraud. In online fraud, links are sent by call, OTP, PhonePe, Google Pay and Paytm are sent. In the meantime, what if you come to know that you accidentally fell victim to online fraud. First of all, do not panic and take these steps immediately.
What to do when you become victim of online Fraud –
– First of all call the customer care or go to the branch and block your ATM card and account.
– Report the incident happened with you to the police.
– Inform the bank or credit card company about the fraud and you can request to set up a fraud alert from them.
– Change the password of your card immediately, so that no one can misuse the credit card.
– At the time of complaint, it is necessary that you must also have a copy of the last six months statement, SMS or email related to the fraud.
– According to the RBI rules, the bank should report about the case of fraud within three days. You will not be harmed by doing so.