New York : Coronavirus has already caused havoc in the world for a year and now, more troubles are coming to frighten the world. An alert has been issued in eight cities after an incident of Amoeba found in America. The presence of brain-eating amoebae was detected in the water supplied in the house. Emergency has also been declared in the city of Lake Jackson, Texas.
According to a media report, in Lake Jackson in Texas, a 6-year-old boy has died of this amoeba. During the investigation, the presence of a brain-eating microbe was found in the water supply. Residents have since been told not to use tap water. However, the authorities disinfected the water well, but have given instructions to take precautions.
When a child was admitted to the hospital on September 8 in Texas, the matter came to light. Doctors said Josiah McIntyre died due to exposure to amoebae. According to reports, he was infected with the waters of that area. Subsequently, residents were given strict instructions not to use tap water. Especially do not allow water to enter inside the body through the mouth and nose. The affected areas include Lake Jackson, Freeport, Angleton, Brazoria, Richwood, Oyster Creek, Clute and Rosenberg. However, the warning has since been removed from places other than Lake Jackson.
Amoeba reaches the brain through the nose Amoeba is the microbe that eats the brain. The name of this amoeba is also called Naegleria Fowleri. It can cause fatal infections in the brain. The amoeba enters the body through the nose and from there to the brain.
Amoeba found in public water supplies in the US is rare, but not new. According to the CDC website, the first deaths from Naegleria Fowleri, the amoeba found in tap water in US public drinking water systems, occurred in southern Louisiana in 2011 and 2013.
This microorganism was also found in a geo-thermal drinking water supply system in Arizona in 2003, as well as a manufactured public drinking water supply in Australia in the 1970s and 80s and in Pakistan in 2008.
According to the US Centers for Disease Prevention CDC, this brain-eating microbe is usually found in soils, hot lakes, rivers, and hot streams, and even in swimming pools if not well maintained.